Gluten-free Thanksgiving Herb Stuffing
1 baked loaf of gluten-free bread
1.5 cups diced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
(Optional )10 oz assorted mushrooms (cremini, porcini, shiitake) sliced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 tsp SalterieOne Winter Blend
2 tbsp butter or ghee
2.5 cups of Hale Bone Broth
3 tbsp bone broth set aside for vegetable mixture
- Leave bread out on the counter overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the loaf of gluten-free bread into small 1 inch cubes. Spread cubes on a large baking sheet in a single layer and toast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. This will draw out all of the moisture. (1 loaf of bread will yield approx 5 cups of bread cubes)
- While the bread is toasting, heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and melt butter or ghee. Add onions, celery, carrots and SalterieOne Winter Blend, pepper, and mix well to combine.
- Saute over low-med heat until vegetables are tender and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add in 3 tbsp of Hale broth and scrape up any brown bits in the pan, mixing well. Add additional SalterieOne Winter Blend for flavor if needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- After 25 minutes, remove bread cubes from oven and transfer to a large glass bowl and pour onion and celery mixture over the bread and mix well. Once well combined, pour 2.5 cups of Hale bone broth over entire mixture again, stirring again to combine all ingredients.
- In a glass baking pan, use a very small amount of olive oil or butter to grease the pan to prevent sticking. Pour entire mixture, including excess liquid, into glass baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Stuffing should look browned and crispy on top. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.