Maddie's Frozen Honey SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt Mousse
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt
- In a double boiler, off the heat, beat all 6 egg yolks briefly. Move to a burner over medium heat and whisk in the honey. Once integrated, switch to a spatula and stir for 10 minutes, or until the mixture reaches 185 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and set the pan in a bowl of ice, stirring the honey-yolk mixture until it cools. Remove from ice bath and set aside.
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt until they are just past soft peaks. Gradually fold half the honey mixture into the whites, then then fold the remainder carefully into the whipped cream. In a large bowl, gently fold the two together.
- Gently smooth the mousse into a serving container or 8 to 10 glasses to about three-quarters full. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight until firm.
- When ready to serve, top with honey, SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt, and fresh fruit.
Recipe courtesy of FOOD52, excerpted from Something Old, Something New by Tamar Adler and adapted by Maddie Chisholm.
More from: Classic Sea Salt Sweets & Treats