Champagne Parmesan Risotto
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup champagne or Prosecco
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp Winter Blend
- Pepper to taste
- Bring 7 cups of vegetable broth to a simmer in a pot over low heat
- In a nonstick skillet, preferably one with deep sides, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and tender.
- Add the diced garlic, thyme and sage to the onion. Cook until garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently to ensure that it does not burn.
- Stir the rice into the onion mixture. Mix until the rice is coated and you begin to hear a little crackling.
- Add 1/2 cup of champagne, stirring until it is absorbed. This will happen fairly quickly so be sure to have a ladle nearby to begin adding your vegetable broth.
- Add vegetable broth, 2 ladlefuls at a time to the rice. Stir each time until broth is absorbed into the rice, then add more.
- About 20 minutes in, mix in the frozen peas. You should still have more vegetable broth, which you will continue to ladle in after adding the peas. Peas should cook in the risotto for about 10 minutes more.
- Taste and season your rice. I like using a tsp of Winter
- Blend sea salt.
- When the last of the broth is almost, but not quite, absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Serve immediately topped with freshly ground pepper.
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie
More from: Main Dish Winter Blend