Creamy Asparagus and Minty Herb Pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves
2 cups heavy cream
1 lb penne pasta
1 1⁄2 lb asparagus
3 oz Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1 tsp SalterieOne Spring Blend
Pinch of Black pepper
1⁄4 cup feta cheese
1⁄4 mint, minced
1. In a large stock pot, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add garlic and cream and cook over medium low heat for 25 minutes until reduced by half.
3. In another stock pot, cook penne according to package directions.
4. Trim bottoms of asparagus and slice on the diagonal into 1” pieces.
5. During the last minute of cooking the pasta, add asparagus pieces to the boiling water.
6. When pasta is done, drain pasta and asparagus, reserving one cup of pasta liquid.
7. Add pasta, asparagus, Parmigiano Reggiano, SalterieOne Spring Blend and pepper to cream mixture. Stir to combine.
8. Add pasta water to cream mixture to desired consistency. For a thicker sauce, add less water, for a looser sauce, add more.
9. Transfer finished dish to a serving bowl and garnish with mint and feta cheese.