Lemon Beach Pie
2 cups Oyster crackers
8 tbsp Butter, melted
3 tbsp Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp SalterieOne Summer Blend, plus additional for garnish
4 Egg yolks
14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Lemon juice
INSTRUCTIONS - Oyster Cracker Crust
1. Crush oyster crackers with rolling pin into small pieces (but not turned to dust).
2. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar & SalterieOne Summer Blend. Add melted butter.
3. Crumble mixture until it forms a dough.
4. Press dough into the bottom and sides of 9” pie plate.
5. Freeze for 15 minutes until dough stiffens.
6. Preheat oven to 350.
7. Bake crust 12-15 minutes until lightly colored.
8. Remove crust to the counter to cool and keep oven on.
9. While crust is cooling, make the custard.
INSTRUCTIONS - Custard
1. In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk with the egg yolks.
2. Add in the lemon juice and Summer Blend.
3. Combine completely and pour into crust. (It doesn’t have to be fully cooled.)
4. Return pie to oven and bake until custard sets, which should take about 14-16 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and cool on counter.
6. Refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
7. Serve chilled with whipped cream and a sprinkle of SalterieOne Summer Blend.