Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter at room temp
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Maple Sugar Blend
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 10 Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel 2 of the sweet potatoes. Dice into small cubes and place into a skillet with the water, olive oil, 1 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of honey and 1/2 tsp of SalterieOne North Blend. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cover for 5 minutes. Uncover and turn to high heat, stirring frequently until sweet potato cubes become caramelized and lightly browned. The water should be fully evaporated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and use a sharp knife to poke a few holes in the top of the 3 remaining sweet potatoes. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet with the poke marks facing up. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees.
- Once the baked potatoes have cooled, peel and place into a large bowl. Use the back of a large fork to mash them down a bit then add the remaining butter, 1/2 cup of sugar, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Use an electric hand mixer to combine the ingredients until smooth.
- Fold the caramelized sweet potato pieces into the mixture until well-distributed. These add texture and flavor but if you prefer a silky finish to your pie you can simply mix them in with the electric mixer until smooth.
- Place the pie crusts onto a baking sheet and fill each to the top with the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake the pies for 50 minutes or until set. A toothpick should come out of the center moist but clean.
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie
More from: Appetizer North Blend