- 1 bunch purple asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Winter Blend
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Wash asparagus and snap the ends off of each spear at the weak point. Pat dry.
- Being careful of oil splatter, place the asparagus in the frying pan. Shake the pan until all spears are laying flat and not piled up on each other. Season with Winter Blend sea salt.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes, giving the pan a shake every once in a while. The asparagus are done when they begin to brown and are still firm but tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the asparagus. Quickly give them a toss as the Parmesan will begin to brown right away.
- Once the asparagus are fully coated and all of the Parmesan has taken on a golden brown color, remove them from the pan and serve.
Note: You can use green or white asparagus in this recipe as well, however purple tends to be a little sweeter and nuttier in flavor. It also adds some depth in color for a visual treat! Please also note that your cook time may vary based on the thickness of the asparagus.
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie