2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Shallot, chopped
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 tsp SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt
2 cups Butternut squash, peeled and cut into even sizes
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1 cup Light cream
1/8 tsp Ground clove
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ginger
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Chili powder
4 cups Cooked pasta
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss butternut squash in coconut oil and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast squash for 20-25 minutes until it is golden and tender.
- Transfer squash to a large deep bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add in all spices and light cream and blend with an immersion blender. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pot or Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat until foamy and add mushroom and SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt.
- Saute for approximately 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been cooked off.
- Add shallot to mushrooms and continue cooking 3-5 minutes until shallots are soft and translucent.
- Add blended butternut squash mixture to the sauce pot and stir to combine. Season to taste with SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt and combine with cooked pasta.
- When selecting your pasta, choose a type that has ridges to hold onto the sauce in every bite. We recommend rigatoni or orecchettie.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, you can also use a food processor or regular blender to combine the squash and light cream.