1/4 lb. unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups granulated sugar
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, broken to pieces
SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt for sprinkling
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Candy thermometer, fine-mesh strainer
1. Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper. Allow to hang over the edges.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat cream and butter until hot - do not boil!
3. Pour sugar into a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melting and turning golden.
4. Clip on candy thermometer and cook until 330 degrees F. This should take about 15 minutes. Stir often with a wooden or silicone spoon.
5. Add cream/butter mixture to sugar by pouring through a fine-mesh strainer. (Be very careful - it will bubble like crazy!)
6. Continue to stir until temperature is 255 degrees F.
7. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
8. Pour into prepared pan. Cool for 20-30 minutes and sprinkle generously with SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt.
9. Cool until firm - 3 hours to overnight.
10. Cut into squares. Use the parchment paper to lift caramel from the pan.