Stove Top Popcorn
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels (yellow or white)
SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt, to taste
- Warm the oil into a large heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Carefully place a few kernels in the oil; if the oil sizzles around the kernels, it’s ready for you to add the rest of the kernels to the pan.
- Cover the pan and listen for the popping to begin.
- Every 30 seconds or so, gently shake the pan back and forth over the burner to evenly distribute the kernels.
- The popcorn is done when there is a one-second break between popping sounds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the popcorn into a big bowl.
- Sprinkle the hot popcorn with SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt to taste and enjoy!
- For a tasty pop of flavor (sorry for the pun!), sprinkle your popcorn with SalterieOne Custom blends.
- Add a thin drizzle of olive oil or melted butter before you sprinkle your SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt to help the salt stick to the popcorn.
- Any oil that can tolerate high heat will work in this recipe. For a richer flavor, try olive oil. For more of a movie theatre-type flavor, try using coconut oil.
More from: Classic Sea Salt Sweets & Treats