Streusel Crunch Apple Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust (use your favorite pie crust recipe for a single crust)
5-6 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbsp Cornstarch
⅔ cup White sugar
½ tsp SalterieOne North Blend
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Allspice
Streusel Crunch Topping
½ cup Butter (1 stick), melted
¾ cup Flour
¼ tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp SalterieOne North Blend
½ cup Brown sugar, packed
½ cup Panko flakes
¼ cup Oats (old-fashioned or quick)
1. Preheat oven to 425˚.
2. For apple filling, place sliced apples in bowl. Combine cornstarch, sugar, SalterieOne North Blend, nutmeg, and allspice and mix well. Add to apples and toss until apples are evenly coated.
3. Pour apple mixture into unbaked pie crust and distribute evenly. Put a square of aluminum foil so it sits lightly on top of pie. Bake at 425˚ for 10 minutes.
4. For streusel topping, combine all ingredients and mix well. Stir with fork to make mixture loose and crumbly.
5. Remove pie from oven and remove foil covering. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚.
6. Using fingers, crumble streusel over top of pie, covering pie evenly and generously with topping. Return pie to 350˚ oven and bake 30-35 minutes more until streusel is lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Mangum.