- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 1/2 tsp Smokehouse Blend
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce (can be found in packets or cans at the supermarket)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional Toppings: cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and sauté, stirring, until fragrant and beginning to brown.
- Add the zucchini, summer squash and bell pepper to the pan and cook another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the corn and black beans to the veggie mixture. Season with SalterieOne West Blend and sauté another 2 minutes. Give the pan a shake or stir every once in a while to ensure even cooking.
- While the veggie mixture is cooking, pour one cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, using the back of a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly.
- Place one of the large flour tortillas on your cutting board or a plate. Remove the pan of veggies from the heat and spoon a heaping amount of the mixture into the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the veggies with some of the shredded cheese (you’ll use about one cup during this part of the process). Roll the tortilla up and carefully transfer to the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat the process until the dish is full and the rolled tortillas are nestled in tightly next to one another.
- Pour the remaining cup of enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas, leaving the edges bare. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish in tin foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook another 10 minutes, uncovered. If you want the cheese to brown up a bit, broil for an extra minute or two before removing from the oven.
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie