- Onion Lover Blend
- 6 medium/large leeks
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Dash of nutmeg
- Chives for garnish
- Wash and trim the leeks so that only the white part remains. Slice these thinly and place in a large pot.
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Add to the pot.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and bring to a boil. Cover, bring the heat down and simmer until the potatoes are tender, roughly 30 minutes or so.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool. Once the mixture has cooled down substantially, puree in a blender until smooth. Depending on the power of your blender you may need to do this step in batches as the mixture will be thick.
- Pour the pureed mixture into a large glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for no less than 24 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, add the cup of heavy cream, dash of nutmeg and season with SalterieOne South Blend to taste. Put the bowl back into the fridge for 15 minutes to ensure that your soup is extra-chilled when served.
- Garnish with chopped chives and freshly ground pepper. An extra dash of South Blend on top pairs very well with the taste of fresh chives, earthy potatoes and the delicate, oniony flavor of the leeks. Enjoy!
TIP: Vichyssoise tastes even better the next day. Make a big batch and enjoy the leftovers for up to 3-4 days!
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie